Hang in there ladies, literally, because our paths are equal

By popular demand - a separate forum to discuss women's solosex. Are there women out there who can self-lick? Seems like there should be, but we've never seen any conclusive evidence - post your nominations!

Moderator: blacksunshineaz

tyciol

Hang in there ladies, literally, because our paths are equal

Post by tyciol »

I believe that to lengthen our spines, to stretch the ligaments that might impede total flexion required to connect the top to the bottom (mouth to pelvis) we must engage in axial extension. This concept is discussed in the book 'Yoga Anatomy'.

I think traction is a big key to doing this, because it passively creates the long alignment, and tension is put on the ligaments to hold the spine together. Not only will this stretch them with time, but hopefully also make them thicker so we don't tear them and get hurt.

Inversion therapy is popular, using a table or gravity boots, but there are other paths to traction too. The "captain's chair", often attached to dip bars or power towers, lets us rest forearms on to get spine traction. You can also just hang with arms locked straight down on dip bars, or between chairs or something. Then there are 'ab slings' that attach to pull up bar and you rest back of upper arm on. Then there is just hanging from bars, either doing a straight arm or flexed arm hang.

Then there is laying traction, such as you can do with the Lynx lying supine and applying manual pressure to get the traction.

In this case, inertia and friction help hold your body in whatever stretched position you attain.
-Ty

aleingang69

Re: Hang in there ladies, literally, because our paths are e

Post by aleingang69 »

Thanks tyciol! Good info. I'm lucky to have an inversion table - it feels SO good.
Anyone else have strategies for stretching out their spine?

tyciol

Re: Hang in there ladies, literally, because our paths are e

Post by tyciol »

I imagine things like twisting also do it, though that might shear the discs if done under compression. Spinal twists while under traction would not be abrasive like that. We should be wary of momentum though since there isn't the friction to go it down. Twist too rapidly and the ligaments could be overstressed.

I'm very worried about hernias when approaching spinal exercise, may make a thread about that in the main area. A concern that applies to both sexes, will get more attention there.
-Ty