Anal Beads or Plugs

Got a favorite dildo or masturbator? Love to work your cock with a pump, a set of sounds or electrical stimulator? As men we love our tools and our toys - share your pictures, videos and stories about the sextoys - home-made or store-bought - that help you to get off.

Moderators: blacksunshineaz, Ziggurat

Oonyl

Anal Beads or Plugs

Post by Oonyl »

When it comes to anal play, I've only ever had a penis or a ~very~ slender vibrator enter me. I was looking at the anal beads here on Eden, and those look like they can be potentially very fun. I did some research on what are the safest and cleanliest types, and want to go with either a jelly or (preferably) silicone that doesn't have Phthalates, I don't like the idea of using the ones on strings.

As this is a new type of toy for me, I want to start with a smaller, introductory version of this category of toy. I've narrowed it down to the "Silicone X-10", the "Anal 101 Intro beads", and the "Vibrating Anal beads." The "Luvbeads" look really cute, but i haven't done anything with plugs yet, and the reviews state that they can kind of feel/act like a plug because of their shape. (Although maybe that would be a really easy and gentle way to start crossing into that realm as well?)

Thoughts and real experience feedback would be appreciated! Thank you everyone!

aleingang69

Re: Anal Beads or Plugs

Post by aleingang69 »

It's such an individual thing - I'd be reluctant to give advice. I've never enjoyed anything vibrating in my butthole - I don't know why, but it just isn't my thing.
Anyone else?

Sparky91

Post by Sparky91 »

I'm right there with you Al. I don't like the vibrating in my butthole either - just a personal choice.

I never tried anal beads before anyway. Butt plug, yes!! Maybe some day I'll try the anal beads. Probably a common opinion, but I'd say to try them all that look inviting and see what you like best for yourself. Sorry, no expert here, but just my thoughts.

Shamman

Post by Shamman »

I've been doing a LOT of anal play in recent years and occasionally enjoy some vibration inside of me. I've also used several kinds of beads and plugs and other 'tools' (some too scary to mention to a 'noob'. Haha.) so I only speak from my exp. The beads on a string were good at first. Beads on a flexible 'stick' are better once I got more involved in my anal exploits. I tried normal plugs but they quickly bored me. Perhaps because I realized that gaping was the direction I wanted. The bulk of plugs are on the inside and I like to stretch the opening.

I personally don't care much for jelly items. They too often have a strong artificial odor/taste that stays. They get 'sticky' very easily - they constantly need a lot of lube. Silicone is better in both regards but I'll use other materials too. I'm not OVERly cautious about the material as long as I know I can clean it very well before (and after of course) use. Polished solid glass is my #1 choice if possible.

There's so much variation in vibrators and vibration that one may only make you feel numbed but another may light up every nerve. The best vibes let you change the speed as well as the strength so you can experiment more. In any case, you don't know how you'll like it unless you try it and you can always turn it off. One of my latest favs is a large-ish egg shaped vibrator that was 'repurposed' from a vibrating pillow. This can almost make me cum from inside by itself, I like it so much. It fits inside just right to tap "the spot " as I move. But I've had some vibrating bullets and dongs that I didn't like the way they vibrated. It also depends on where you apply the vibrations. Softer, fast ones may be great here but strong medium speed works better here . . . So you'll really need to experiment to see what you like - we're all different. Enjoy the experiments as well as the outcomes!

Per your question: I would recommend going with the vibrating beads first. Like I said, you can always turn it off. If they're decent quality they'll be great without the vibes as well. And yes, beads can have a lot of potential. I have 3 different sets!