XTube not working with Firefox/Windows 10

Hi! Welcome to the Auto-Fellatio Kingdom Self-Suck Bulletin Board. I hope people will use it make connections and initiate discussions on one of the most pressing topics of our day; solo cock-sucking. If this is your first visit, please read "Guide for newcomers" below. Enjoy! Al Eingang

Moderators: blacksunshineaz, Ziggurat, aleingang69

blacksunshineaz

XTube not working with Firefox/Windows 10

Post by blacksunshineaz »

For years I've been saving videos on XTube using Mozilla Firefox and the Video Download Helper plugin. However, I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and I can no longer play videos on XTube. However, all other browsers (Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer) play them just fine. But those browsers don't have a way to save the videos. Instead, Firefox tells me to install Adobe Flash or enable JavaScript. I know Flash has some major vulnerabilities so I want to stay away from that (I actually did install it but that didn't correct the problem, so I uninstalled it). As far as I can tell, JavaScript is enabled in Firefox.

Does anybody have any issues viewing XTube videos using Firefox on Windows 10?

Ziggurat

Re: XTube not working with Firefox/Windows 10

Post by Ziggurat »

The actual XTube website itself is considered malicious software by Windows 10, so any browser you will most likely be overridden by Windows 10 security protocols. I uninstalled 10 and went back to 7 in less than 2 days. While Win10 doesn't see XHamsters main website as malicious software, it does view there webcam affiliate as such. Lastly all Xtube videos are flash FLV same as most video streaming sites and therefore will not run without either flash installed or a browser that has a built in videoplayer that can emulate flash a player. XHamster is slowly but surely converting their videos to html5, but the process is super slow considering how many millions of videos they have to do.

Now I'm sure this will all change in the upcoming weeks and/or months as it always does with how fast OSs and browers update, but in the meantime, I'm sticking with Win7 and good ole IE11 and a decent virus scanner. :)
Do it with pride or don't bother doing it!
https://xhamster.com/users/thetoweringziggurat
My Patreon tip jar:
patreon.com/TheToweringZiggurat

blacksunshineaz

Post by blacksunshineaz »

I don't have that option, this is a new computer with Windows 10 and going to 7 isn't an option unfortunately.

Ziggurat

Post by Ziggurat »

I was actually discussing this with a friend of mine last night and he says just give it about a month or two and the site will update its protocols and it should start working with Win10 again. He said its most likely Win10 and not any Browser except Chrome which is really pissy about flash. However, if there is a setting in Win10 to lower the securities, he's not sure where it is.
Do it with pride or don't bother doing it!
https://xhamster.com/users/thetoweringziggurat
My Patreon tip jar:
patreon.com/TheToweringZiggurat