Can't view video embedded in posts

Hi! Welcome to the Auto-Fellatio Kingdom Self-Suck Bulletin Board. I hope people will use it make connections and initiate discussions on one of the most pressing topics of our day; solo cock-sucking. If this is your first visit, please read "Guide for newcomers" below. Enjoy! Al Eingang

Moderators: blacksunshineaz, Ziggurat, aleingang69

torae

Can't view video embedded in posts

Post by torae »

I'm kinda still unfamiliar with how the forum work and all so this might just be a stupid question.

So i can see the pic in each post ok but for the video all i see is a box with controller (play, stop, volume buttons and stuff like that) when i click on it nothing happen. Is there a certain setting or permission that i need?

Eddie

Viewing posts

Post by Eddie »

That's not a silly question at all.

You do need to be signed in as a member to view photos and clips which are embedded in messages.

However, many of the vid clips appear to be posted in a format which some computers/software may not play. I'm a Mac user, thinking that I have most of the contemporary players downloaded, yet am often disappointed that some of the clips won't play for me.

Perhaps other members will have some good suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

gebro

Post by gebro »

Have you double clicked on the "play" button? A single click won't do it!

aleingang69

Post by aleingang69 »

Confusing, isn't it?
If you're a Mac user you're more likely to have problems with some of the video clips.
If you're not seeing ANY of the video clips then it's not a Mac problem.
You can often download the video clips to your computer and watch them from there - especially if you have the free VLC player which will play almost everything. To download clips you can usually right or control click on the box where the clip should be and the dropdown menu will give you the option to save the clip. If that doesn't work it gets trickier: the simplest thing to do would be to post a reply asking someone who can see the clip to post a direct download link (which they can usually get by right/control-clicking). The less-easy way is to look at the source-code for the page and find the direct download link in there - look in the menu bar options of your browser for "view source" or "view page source" and then look for a file path with a file name similar to (but not identical to) the name of the clip.
Don't know if that makes it less or more confusing!
If you let us know what kind of computer you're using we can probably walk you through it.
AL

torae

Post by torae »

Thanks for the reply guys, Als you are not confusing at all. (thank god i know a little about computer lol)

I'm using a PC. Window XP.

to give you an example of my problem, in the post "New Vid" started by Ralbright, the forth post contain two clips, Video7.wmv and Video2.wmv. The "pic 1" below is what I see on my screen.

the play button isn't even clickable. i can right click it but it just show options as you would get from the player and no "save as" or anything like that. "pic 2"

may be it's just an odd thing due to my computer. I just thought i would ask in case someone else have the same problem :)

If someone know what's going on and can explain how to fix it, that would be great. If not that's fine too. I'll keep looking and when i figure out i'll be sure to let you know :D
Attachments
Pic 1
Pic 1
no_video.JPG (21.13 KiB) Viewed 8073 times
Pic 2
Pic 2
no_video2.JPG (29.56 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

selfviking

Post by selfviking »

The workaround while not having fixed the problem is to search for the file yourself. Normally your browser offers a way to open the source code of a html-page your are looking at; so just open it, search for the filename (or just the extension) and after some preceding entries for the embedded player preparation you´ll find something like this:

files/ymfn-al_eingang_187.mp4 (just as an example for al´s last movie post)

copy this piece of text to the adress bar of your browser and add

http://www.solosuck.com/phpbb/

in front of it.

fdragon

Post by fdragon »

Yeah I don't even see any links when I open threads

the_used_1909

Post by the_used_1909 »

I have a pocket pc and I never show a link to download nething help please

aleingang69

Post by aleingang69 »

Take a look at the instructions here: