Yoga DVD for SS

Hi! Welcome to the Auto-Fellatio Kingdom Self-Suck Bulletin Board. I hope people will use it make connections and initiate discussions on one of the most pressing topics of our day; solo cock-sucking. If this is your first visit, please read "Guide for newcomers" below. Enjoy! Al Eingang

Moderators: blacksunshineaz, Ziggurat, aleingang69

autolingual

Yoga DVD for SS

Post by autolingual »

I do yoga to limber up before self-sucking so discovering a DVD that not only accomplishes that but facilitates much deeper and relaxed stretches - especially the forward bend - was a major find. The DVD, "Yin Yoga: The Foundations of a Quiet Practice" contains several hour+ length practices, the best, in my opinion for SS, being the hip and spine series.

According to Wikipedia, Yin Yoga "practice consists of postures selected to gently stretch and release the connective tissues around major joints, and put slight pressure on the joints themselves. According to Paul [Grilley - the DVD artist], and contrary to the current prevailing medical view, slight pressure on the joints is highly beneficial to mobility and overall health.

Postures are performed with muscles held as relaxed as possible (body weight is used for leverage as needed), and are held anywhere from 1 min (beginners) to 10 min (more advanced practitioners)" - sound familiar?

The DVD is priced a little steep at $36.95 but if you get it on Amazon the shipping at least is free. [And, no, I don't get anything if you buy it.] I'd recommend any SSer with an intermediate to advanced yoga practice who enjoys practicing with DVDs check it out. And if anybody knows of any other yoga DVDs with the same end in mind I'd be glad to hear about them.

realhotstuff

DVD...

Post by realhotstuff »

I just took a look at this on Amazon.com and everyone seems to be raving about it there in the reviews. I must admit, i'm very tempted to buy this, shame it costs so much though.

aleingang69

Post by aleingang69 »

I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting. It is a 5 1/2 hour 2 DVD set so the price isn't so bad. Here's the link for the company that released it:
http://www.pranamaya.com/grilley_yin.html
and here's a link for Amazon:
Yin Yoga: The Foundations of a Quiet Practice
Al
Last edited by aleingang69 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realhotstuff

yoga DVD

Post by realhotstuff »

The first link is good to click to. It gives you sample video from the DVD, and looks really good, especially with the theory part. Anyone else think it's a good thing to get for those of us 'still learning'?

aleingang69

Post by aleingang69 »

As I've said elsewhere, most of my Yoga experience is with Iyengar style yoga which involves holding and exploring poses more than the moving-through style in the Dragon video clip on the pranayama site (see link in my last post). The other three clips looked useful to me - more theoretical and practical info about the deep physical effects of different poses. Does the DVD have more of the second type of info than the first, Autolingual?
Al

realhotstuff

Post by realhotstuff »

I agree with you al, I prefer the long held poses, from having done yoga, I don't like the progressive movements as much as the long ones.

autolingual

Post by autolingual »

The main emphasis of the DVD is the long-held yin poses but, since the yin practices are intended to complement regular "yang" practices, the "Dragon" series was added to provide balance, I assume. I use the hip and spine series yin practices almost exclusively. If I want to do yang yoga, I have other favorite resources. There are a bunch of "extras" on the DVDs (like the yang practice sequences) - I didn't care much for the lecture, since I generally use DVDs to practice with, not to study.