Caution: recieving new messages notification

Hi! Welcome to the Auto-Fellatio Kingdom Self-Suck Bulletin Board. I hope people will use it make connections and initiate discussions on one of the most pressing topics of our day; solo cock-sucking. If this is your first visit, please read "Guide for newcomers" below. Enjoy! Al Eingang

Moderators: blacksunshineaz, Ziggurat, aleingang69

seahorses

Caution: recieving new messages notification

Post by seahorses »

Hi all,
Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but I recently received a spoof E-mail supposedly from Ebay and designed to steel my identity. Anyhow, I received an E-mail yesterday, supposedly from Al telling me I had new messages back at the site. naturally, I clicked on the link that took me to a sign in page, though it wasn't till I'd signed in that I became suspicious. first of all my web browser is set to log me in automatically, though I'll accept that access through a link could be different, but secondly, there were no new messages? hopefully Al can confirm if he sent me the messages or no (I had 2) and dispel my suspicions and it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Sea

Monkeybiz

Post by Monkeybiz »

it was me who messaged you yesterday. problem is, i messaged a few people but i get the feeling the PM function isn't working because of lack of reply. i even messaged you al. also, i was here for the thursday chat and no one was on. any chance we could get the pm thing happening?

aleingang69

Post by aleingang69 »

Thanks for the heads-up Seahorses - I got two PM notices yesterday with no actual messsages and was wondering what happened.
Monkeybiz: will you try sending me another message today to test it? And I guess it would be good if Seahorses could send one too to help to figure out where the problem is.
Thanks guys!
Al

Monkeybiz

Post by Monkeybiz »

yeah al i have tried messaging you this morning. anything i can do to help fix this problem?

Monkeybiz

messages again

Post by Monkeybiz »

well al, i just sent you another pm. you didn't answer so i assume theres a problem.

Kwalker

Post by Kwalker »

I've worked with phpbb forums alot and admined around 5, but I do not ever recall having trouble with the pm system. You will notice that you have the inbox, sent box, out box, and save box.. Basically when you check the outbox (this tells you that it has NOT been read yet) your message you sent them should be there.. the sentbox is when it's been received.

I wouldnt know how to debug this problem, unless al reloads the private messages php files, but it kind of sounds like the mysql isnt receiving the pm, instead just sending out the message that one has been sent. I would check with phpbb (the website that is) and see if they have the solution.

As far as the Ebay scams go, http://www.phishfighting.com/ My side job is fighting off scammers, so I have some useful links :P.

seahorses

Post by seahorses »

Thanx for easing my mind guys